How Can I Repair Fire Damage?
We all know how damaging fire can be in a home. However, there are many elements of fire, such as smoke and soot, that can be just as detrimental. The smell of smoke can overwhelm your home and possessions, while walls can be damaged by smoke soot. Fires can have damaging effects on both to your house and your family.
When your precious possessions are damaged, it can be disheartening. Paul Davis understands. That’s why our fire restoration technicians are here to help you restore your damaged possessions. At Paul Davis, every one of our franchises provides 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we’ll be able to lessen costly fire and smoke damages to your house.
How Can I Repair Fire Damage?
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your home. Closed fireplace flues and smaller kitchen flare ups can cause discoloration and strong odors if you don’t start cleaning immediately. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise the smell of smoke can soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, turn off your air conditioning.
- To fan out smoke, put large fans by open doors and windows.
- When vacuuming ash and soot, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing your vacuum down on the soot could create stains.
- Wipe down countertops and furniture with a cloth.
- Wipe away soot from walls and ceilings with a dry sponge and get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean every item in your house that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize carpets and window coverings.
The Smoke Restoration Process
If your home has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the professionals take care of it. Paul Davis offers all-encompassing fire repair services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Should Rely on Paul Davis
If your home has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to the professionals from Paul Davis. Our smoke repair services will get your home back to normal sooner rather than later. Our professionals are highly-trained in high-quality smoke remediation cleaning services and using the proper equipment. We guarantee that you’ll receive faster cleanup and cheaper smoke damage repair costs. Our goal is to have you return to your normal life as soon as possible. Call the smoke cleanup and fire remediation services professionals from Paul Davis at (517) 465-3096. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.