Interior Mold Detection and Inspection Services
Mold can be found everywhere and, whether you can spot it or not, chances are your house has mold lurking out of eyesight. Mold is something that occurs naturally, but the species of mold that grows in your home or business is the real problem. Mold spores travel through the air and enter buildings through any opening, such as doors, windows and HVAC systems. They can also be brought into a home on clothing, shoes, and pets. It is basically impossible for you to eliminate mold encountering your property. You should be concerned as mold is growing in your home. Having an expert to consult with who will tell you the kind of mold present is imperative. Add to that an expert that can devise the optimal way for treatment then execute the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential restoration services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement
When Paul Davis performs an investigation on your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional with in depth experience in this field. Detecting and identifying mold is step one in what can be an arduous project. When it comes to dealing with mold safely, the best option is working with a company who specializes in all aspects of the process. Paul Davis provides mold removal and remediation services in addition to basic mold inspections. Mold can cause damage to your home as well as major health concerns to your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, can adversely affect the health of any person regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold advances through any surface it’s found in, meaning the longer it remains untreated in your property, the worse its effects are. The professionals at Paul Davis can accurately identify the strains of mold growing in your residence and effectively deal with treating it.
Properties of Mold
There are 3 general kinds of mold:
- Allergenic: Which produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health problems in individuals who suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds produce toxic microbes.
With the multitude of molds that can be found in any given structure, having an expert to diagnosis and investigate the extent of their spread is key to eradicating it. An expert with Paul Davis can aid in making your house healthy and safe from the most damaging molds.
Some common molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly feeds on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium causes hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm climate mold which grows both indoors and outdoors. It can be found in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. Aspergillus is also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is often located in soil, showers, window frames, carpets and textiles. This is a large spore mold that takes traction in soft tissue, like the nose, mouth and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the most commonly identified outdoor mold which enters homes. It spreads in overtly moist, porous surfaces such as textile and wood. The indoor and outdoor variety cause asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly insidious mold that produces high levels of airborne toxins, luckily is the least common household mold. It needs excessive damp to thrive, and causes breathing problems, symptoms reminiscent of the flu, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of condensation such as cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. Acremonium is a powdery mold that grows in a variety of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – This mold is often found growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It begins pink or light brown in color but darkens to dark brown-black as it ages. This is a highly allergic responsive mold, inducing skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – This mold can be located in houses after a flood or leaking and in chronically moist conditions. It carries a dank odor, cottony texture and changes colors from white to grey or brown over time. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins which affect the immune system and cause skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium grows in both cold and warm environments and spreads quickly on upholstery, fabrics, carpets and under floorboards. It has an adverse reaction with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of growing and migrating in colder weather, this mold is pink or coral colored and is commonly located in a home’s soft goods. A reddish strain is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both kinds can move quickly through a home. Symptoms begin as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections then progresses to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture that is mostly white and green. It grows in moist and consistently damp areas like HVAC systems, wood and fabric. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is nearly always located in bathrooms and kitchens. It is one of the black molds that contributes to asthma and respiratory ailments.
Speak With Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
If you know or suspect there is mold in your home call the team with Paul Davis. Our dedicated team will provide a detailed inspection and execute the remediation services necessary to remove insidious mold from your residence. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.