Indoor Mold Inspection and Removal Services
Mold can be found everywhere so, whether you can see it or not, chances are your property has mold lurking out of eyesight. Mold is something that occurs naturally, but the type of mold that is found in your house or property is the real issue. Mold spores travel through the air and enter structures through any opening, such as windows, doors and HVAC systems. Spores can also be brought into a home on shoes, clothing and animals. It can be nearly impossible for you to eliminate mold infiltrating your property. You need to be concerned as mold is growing in your home. Having an expert to turn to that can advise on the kind of mold present is priceless. Add to that an expert who will orchestrate the optimal way to treat it and execute the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential abatement services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement
When Paul Davis performs an inspection on your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional who has a high level of knowledge in this area. The detection and identification of mold is the initial step in what can be an arduous project. When it comes to treating mold safely, it is best to work with a company that specializes in all aspects relating to the process. Paul Davis provides mold removal and remediation services in addition to basic mold testing. Mold can cause damage to your dwelling and major health issues to your family. Unlike most allergens, mold can negatively affect the health of any person regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold advances through the surfaces it lives in, this means that the longer it remains without treatment in your property, the worse its effects are. The experts with Paul Davis can accurately identify the kinds of mold growing in your house and effectively deal with treating it.
Properties of Mold
There are 3 general strains of mold:
- Allergenic: Which cause and produce allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health issues in people that suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that produces toxic substances.
With the multitude of molds that can reside in any given residence, having an expert to inspect and diagnosis the extent of their spread is key to removing it. An expert with Paul Davis can aid in helping make your house healthy and free from the most damaging molds.
Some common household molds are:
- Penicillium – A mold that most commonly grows on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium causes hay-fever like reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm environment mold that grows outdoors and indoors. Aspergillus can be located in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. Aspergillus can also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is often located in carpet, textiles, dust, window frames, showers and soil. This is a large spore mold that takes traction in the respiratory tract, mouth and nose.
- Cladosporium – This is the most commonly identified outdoor fungus which enters homes. It thrives in damp, porous areas like wood and textiles. The indoor and outdoor kinds bring about asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly insidious mold that produces high levels of airborne toxins, fortunately is the least common household mold. It needs excessive damp to grow, and causes breathing issues, flu-like symptoms, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of moisture like humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. Acremonium is a powdery mold that thrives in an array of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is most often found growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It begins pink or light brown in color then deepens to dark brown-black the older it is. This highly allergic responsive mold causes skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – This mold can be located in houses after flooding or leaking and in chronically damp conditions. It has a dank odor, cottony texture and changes colors from white to brown or grey as it ages. Chaetomium is known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system, causing skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium thrives in cold and warm areas and spreads rapidly on upholstery, fabrics, carpets and under floorboards. It reacts adversely with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of growing and migrating in colder temperatures, this mold is coral or pink in color and is most commonly located in soft goods. A reddish variety is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both strains can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms start out as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes then progresses to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture and is mostly green and white. It grows in consistently damp and moist areas like HVAC systems, upholstery and wood. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is nearly always located in bathrooms and kitchens and is one of the black molds. It contributes to asthma and respiratory ailments.
Talk to Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
When you might know or suspect you have mold in your house call the experts with Paul Davis. Our dedicated team will provide a detailed inspection and execute the remediation servicing necessary to remove insidious mold from your property. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.