Can Water Damage Be Harmful?
No home or business is immune to water damages. Sewer backups, basement flooding or heavy rainfall can all cause water damages to your home. At Paul Davis, we understand the emotional and financial toil that water damages can take on you and your family.In order to minimize the amount of damage your home will undergo, contact the professionals as soon as possible. Your local Paul Davis water damage expert will evaluate and repair the problem. However, there are ways to avoid the expense of water damages. Every homeowner must know how to protect their home from water damages.
How Does Water Damage Happen?
How does water damage occur? When extra water accumulates in areas where it shouldn’t. Paul Davis can come to your home to examine water damage at a moment’s notice. However, it’s important to know what to look for. If you can avoid water damage, your home will last for years to come. Both outside elements and elements inside your home can cause flooding. Because water damage can be caused by so many things, you must be cautious. Do you suspect that there is water damage in your home? Look for the following:
- Frozen or leaking water pipes or lines
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Washing machines or dishwashers that overflowed
How to Stop Water Damage from Occurring
If you’re concerned about your home receiving water damages, there are a few preemptive steps that you can take. You can never be too cautious. Take the following steps to stop water damage from happening:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Rely on Paul Davis to Whip Your House into Shape
A seemingly innocent leaking faucet or washing machine can spiral into a bigger problem. While there are steps you can take to stop water damages, sometimes it’s too late. Has this happened to you? Call Paul Davis (517) 465-3096. Paul Davis has over 50 years of water damage repairs under out belt. Rely on us to take care of you.