The Dangers of Water Damage
You’ve got a lot worry about. Worrying about water damage probably isn’t a priority. Unfortunately, it isn’t uncommon for water damages to seemingly appear out of nowhere. These are often found when it’s too late to reverse the damage. Call the professionals immediately if this happens to you. The professionals from Paul Davis will be able to assess and restore any water damage in your home. You can take precautionary steps to stop water damage from occurring. All homeowners need to know how to look for water damage in your home.
What Causes Water Damage?
Chances are, there‘s an appliance in your home that you need for everyday life. Unfortunately, a broken appliance can cause unforeseen issues. Whether it’s your shower, dishwasher, faucets or toilet, any of these appliances can cause major issues by overflowing. In the case of an emergency, the professionals from Paul Davis will arrive on the scene to mend any leaks and efficiently repair water damage. Rely on us to repair water damage from the following:
- Frozen or leaking water pipes or lines
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Overflowing dishwashers or washing machines
Water Damage Can Be Avoided
Don’t wait for water damage to happen– take action. To dodge expensive repairs and homeowner’s insurance claims, preventive action is key. To prevent water damage, try the following:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Paul Davis Can Tackle Any Water Damage
If your home experienced water damages, don’t hesitate. The longer you wait, the more extensive repairs you’ll need. For efficient water damage remediation services, call Paul Davis today at (517) 465-3096. When your local Paul Davis professionals arrive, you can rest easy with the knowledge that you’ll be in experienced hands. You can trust that we’ll take care of any water damages that occurred in your home.