How Can I Clean Up Smoke Damage?
Fire can be extremely destructive to a home. However, there are many elements of fire, such as smoke and soot, that can be just as harmful. Your home and possessions can be overwhelmed by smoke odor, while smoke soot can seriously stain walls that weren’t burned by flames. A fire can have devastating and extreme effects both to your family and your home.
The technicians from Paul Davis understand that your precious keepsakes and memories are at stake. That’s why our experts in smoke and soot are here to help you restore your damaged possessions. At Paul Davis, every one of our franchises provides 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. Contact us immediately. We’ll be able to reduce the cost of fire and smoke damages to your building.
How Can I Clean Up Smoke Damage?
Your building can undergo serious soot or smoke damage without a major fire. Closed fireplace flues and small-scale kitchen fires can cause discoloration and strong odors if you don’t act quickly. Unless you address the problem immediately, smoke will seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- Turn off your AC to stop spreading smoke.
- To push out smokey air, put large fans by open doors and windows.
- Vacuum up soot and ash by holding the nozzle right above the soot- pressing down could create unwanted stains.
- Clean hard surfaces.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge and use a vinegary spray to get rid of stains.
- Clean any household item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize window coverings and carpets.
The Fire Restoration Process
If your building has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts take care of it. At Paul Davis, we offer all-encompassing smoke remediation services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Should Rely on Paul Davis
If your building has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to the specialists from Paul Davis. Our smoke remediation services will get your building back to normal sooner rather than later. Our experts are highly-trained in high-quality using productive equipment for our smoke remediation cleaning services. We guarantee that you’ll receive faster cleanup and lower smoke damage repair costs. We want you to return to your normal life as soon as possible. Call the smoke cleanup and fire damage restoration experts from Paul Davis at (517) 465-3096. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.