Interior Mold Inspection and Removal Services
Whether you can spot it or not, there is a good chance mold is on your property. Mold is a part of nature, although the species of mold that is found in your house or business can determine the extent of the issue. Mold spores move through the air, entering structures through openings like windows, doors and HVAC systems. They can also be brought into a building on pets, clothing and shoes. It is nearly impossible for you to stop mold encountering your home. It’s only when mold is growing in your house that you have cause for concern. Having an expert to turn to who will tell you the type of mold present is worth the expense. Add to that an expert who will orchestrate the optimal way to treat it then perform the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial restoration services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement
With a Paul Davis inspection of your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional with in depth experience in this field. The detection and identification of mold is step one in what can be an arduous procedure. When it comes to dealing with mold safely, the prime option is working with a company which specializes in all aspects pertaining to the process. We provide mold remediation and removal services as well basic mold testing. Mold causes damage to your house and major health concerns to your family. Unlike most allergens, mold can negatively affect the health of any person whether they have allergies or not. Mold migrates through the surfaces it lives in, this means that the longer it goes without treatment in your home, the worse its effects are. The experts at Paul Davis can accurately identify the strains of mold growing in your property and effectively deal with treating it.
Types of Mold
There are 3 general types of mold:
- Allergenic: Which produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health issues in individuals which suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that produces toxic substances.
With the abundance of molds that can reside in homes, having an expert to diagnosis and investigate the extent of their spread is key to eradicating it. A professional with Paul Davis will assist in making your residence healthy and free from the most damaging molds.
Some common household molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly grows on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium causes hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm weather mold that grows outdoors and indoors. Aspergillus can be found in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. It can also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is commonly found in soil, showers, window frames, carpets and textiles. This large spore mold takes traction in the respiratory tract, mouth and nose.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the highest commonly identified outdoor fungus easily enters homes. It grows in porous, damp areas like textile and wood. The indoor and outdoor kinds bring about asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly horrible mold that produces high levels of airborne toxins, luckily is a less common household mold. Stachybotrys requires excessive moisture to grow, and causes breathing issues, flu-like symptoms, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of condensation like humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. It’s a powdery mold that grows in a selection of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – This mold is most often discovered growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It begins light brown or pink in color then darkens to dark brown-black as it ages. This is a highly allergic responsive mold, causing skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – This mold can be located in houses after flooding or leaking and in chronically moist conditions. It has a musty odor, cotton like texture and changes colors from white to grey or brown over time. Chaetomium is known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system, causing nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium grows in cold and warm environments and spreads rapidly on upholstery, fabrics, carpets and under floorboards. It reacts strongly with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – This mold is most commonly found in soft goods and grows and spreads in cold weather. A reddish strain is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both kinds can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms begin as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes and can progress to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture that is mostly green and white. It does well in consistently damp and moist areas like HVAC systems, wood and upholstery. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is almost always found in kitchens and bathrooms and is one of the black molds. It contributes to asthma and respiratory illnesses.
Call Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
If you know or suspect there is mold in your residence call the professionals with Paul Davis. Our professional team will provide a detailed inspection as well as perform the remediation servicing necessary to eradicate dangerous mold from your home. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.