Indoor Mold Detection and Inspection Services
Whether you can see it or not, chances are there is mold on your property. Mold is something that occurs naturally, however the type of mold that grows in your home or business can determine the extent of the problem. Mold spores migrate through the air and enter buildings through openings like windows, doors and HVAC systems. They can also be brought into a building on pets, clothing and shoes. It can be practically impossible for you to eliminate mold entering your property. You need to be concerned when mold begins growing in your home. Having an expert to rely on that can advise on the strain of mold present is worth the expense. Add to that an expert who will orchestrate the optimal way for treatment and execute the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential emergency restorative services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement Services
With a Paul Davis inspection of your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional with in depth knowledge in this area. The detection and identification of mold is the first step in what can be an arduous process. When it comes to taking care of mold safely, your prime option is to work with a company that specializes in all aspects pertaining to the process. Paul Davis provides mold removal and remediation services in addition to basic mold inspections. Mold causes damage to your residence as well as major health issues for your family. Unlike most allergens, mold can adversely affect the health of an individual regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold spreads through the environment it’s found in, this means the longer it remains untreated in your property, the worse its effects are. The professionals with Paul Davis can correctly identify the strains of mold growing in your house and effectively deal with treating it.
Properties of Mold
There are 3 general families of mold:
- Allergenic: These produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health issues in people that suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds can produce toxic substances.
With the range of molds that can be found in homes, having an expert to inspect and diagnosis the extent of their spread is key to eradicating it. A professional with Paul Davis will assist in making your residence healthy and free from the most dangerous molds.
A few common molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly grows on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium causes hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm weather mold which thrives indoors and outdoors. Aspergillus can be found in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. Aspergillus is also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is commonly found in soil, showers, window frames, carpets and textiles. This large spore mold takes traction in the respiratory tract, mouth and nose.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the most commonly identified outdoor fungus which enters homes. It spreads in porous, damp areas like wood and textiles. Both the indoor and outdoor kinds trigger asthma attacks as well as induces hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being the least common household mold is lucky, as it is among the more insidious. Stachybotrys needs excessive damp to grow, and causes breathing issues, flu-like symptoms, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of moisture like humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. Acremonium is a powdery mold that grows in a variety of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – This mold is most often discovered growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It starts out light brown or pink in color but deepens to dark brown-black as it ages. This is a highly responsive allergic mold, inducing eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – This mold is found in residences after flooding or leaking and in chronically damp conditions. It has a cotton like texture, changes colors from white to brown or grey over time and carries a musty odor. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins which affect the immune system and cause nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium grows in cold and warm areas and spreads quickly on upholstery, fabrics, carpets and under floorboards. It reacts strongly with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of thriving and spreading in colder weather, this mold is pink or coral in color and is most commonly found in soft goods. A reddish strain is found in organic products like house plants, and both kinds can move quickly through a home. Symptoms begin as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes and can progress to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture and is mostly white and green. It grows in consistently damp and moist areas like HVAC systems, upholstery and wood. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is almost always found in bathrooms and kitchens and is one of the black molds. It contributes to asthma and respiratory ailments.
Reach Out to Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
When you might suspect or know you have mold in your residence call the team with Paul Davis. Our expert team will provide a detailed inspection as well as execute the remediation servicing required to remove insidious mold from your property. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.