Preventing Water Damage
You’ve got a lot on your plate. Thinking about water damage probably isn’t on the forefront of your mind. Unfortunately, it isn’t uncommon for water damages to seemingly appear out of nowhere. These are often found when it’s too late to reverse the damage. Has your house undergone water damage? It’s imperative to call the professionals immediately. The professionals from Paul Davis will arrive at your home to assess and repair any water damage in your house. But there are precautionary actions that any homeowner can take to prevent expensive water damage repairs. It’s important to be aware of the signs of water damage in your house.
How Your Home Sustains Water Damage
Water damage occurs when extra water accumulates in areas where it shouldn’t. Paul Davis is always ready to come to your house to analyze water damage. However, you need to know the signs of water damage. If you can stop water damage from occurring altogether, your house will last for a long time. Water damage can happen from both outside elements and from inside your house. Because water damage can be caused by so many elements, you must be vigilant. Do you suspect that your house is experiencing water damage? Look for the following:
- Water pipes or lines that burst or leaked
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Overflowing washing machines or dishwashers
Water Damage Can Be Avoided
There’s nothing worse than experiencing water damage on your property when you know that you could have stopped it. Don’t let this happen to you. Do the following to prevent water damage:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Rely on Paul Davis to Whip Your House into Shape
If your house undergone water damages, don’t wait. Waiting will only make the damages worse. Contact Paul Davis at (517) 465-3096. When your local Paul Davis professionals arrive, you can rest easy knowing your house will be taken care of. No matter how extensive the damages, Paul Davis can handle it.