How Can I Repair Smoke Damage?
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a building. However, there are many elements of fire, including soot and smoke, that can be just as destructive. The smell of smoke can overtake your home and possessions and soot can seriously damage walls. Fires can damage both to your home and your family.
At Paul Davis, we understand any damages to your cherished possessions can be disheartening. That’s why our fire restoration experts are ready to help you restore your damaged possessions. At Paul Davis, every one of our franchises offers 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we’ll be able to reduce the cost of fire and smoke damage to your building.
Smoke Damage Can Be Repaired
Your home can undergo serious smoke damage without a major fire breaking out. Closed fireplace flues and smaller kitchen fires can cause discoloration and strong odors if you don’t start cleaning immediately. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise smoke odor will seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, shut off your HVAC system.
- Position large fans towards open doors and windows to suck out the smoke.
- When vacuuming ash and soot, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing your vacuum down on the soot could create stains.
- Wipe down countertops and furniture.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge. Meanwhile, use a vinegary spray to wipe away stains.
- Clean any item in your home that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Deodorize window coverings and carpets. We suggest that you use odor counteractants.
The Smoke Restoration Process from Paul Davis
Does your home have smoke damage? Let the professionals handle it. At Paul Davis, we offer all-encompassing fire removal services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
Has your home recently undergone smoke damage? Turn to the experts from Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we finish our smoke repair services. Our experts are highly-trained in effective smoke remediation cleaning methods and using the proper equipment, meaning quicker cleanup and cheaper smoke damage restoration costs. We want you to return to your everyday schedule immediately. Reach out the smoke cleanup and smoke remediation services experts from Paul Davis at (517) 465-3096. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.