Water Damage Can Occur Anywhere, Anytime
No property can be immune to water damages. Water damages can occur through sewer backups, basement flooding or heavy rainfall. At Paul Davis, we understand the financial and emotional strain that water damages can take on you and your family.Call the professionals as soon as possible to minimize the amount of water damage your property will undergo. When your local Paul Davis expert comes to your property, they’ll analyze and fix the problem, no matter the size of water damage. While we can help restore your house, there are ways you can avoid the expense of water damage. Every homeowner needs to know how to protect their property from water damages.
The Causes of Water Damage
How does water damage occur? When a surplus of water accumulates in places where it can cause problems. Paul Davis is always ready to come to your house to examine water damage. However, you need to know what to look for. If you can avoid water damage altogether, you‘ll be able to live in your house for years to come. Flooding can happen from both outside elements and from inside your house. Despite how water damage occurs, it’s important to be vigilant. If you believe that your home is experiencing water damage, look for the following:
- Leaking or frozen water pipes or lines
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Overflowing dishwashers or washing machines
How to Stop Water Damage from Occurring
The most efficient way to repair water damage is to avoid it altogether. To dodge pricey repairs and homeowner’s insurance claims, productive prevention is key. Try the following to stop water damage:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Rely on Paul Davis to Whip Your House into Shape
If your house undergone water damages, don’t hesitate. The longer you wait, the worse the damages will become. Call Paul Davis at (517) 465-3096. Your local Paul Davis technicians will arrive at your house as soon as possible. No matter how extensive the damages, Paul Davis can take care of it.