Efficient Smoke Damage Mitigation Near You
Fire can cause some major damage to a home. However, there are many elements of fire, such as smoke and soot, that are just as detrimental. The smell of smoke can overwhelm building materials and personal belongings and your walls can be stained by soot. Fires can damage both to your family and your home.
When your precious keepsakes are damaged, it can be disheartening. Paul Davis understands. That’s why our specialists in smoke and soot are ready to help. Each Paul Davis franchise provides 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. The sooner you contact us, the better- we’ll be able to lessen the cost of fire and smoke damage to your house.
Smoke Damage Can Be Repaired
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your house. Closed fireplace flues and small-scale kitchen fires can cause discoloration and significant odors if you don’t start cleaning immediately. Unless you address the problem immediately, the smell of smoke can seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop spreading smoke, shut off your air conditioning.
- Move large fans towards open windows and doors to fan out the smokey air.
- When vacuuming ash and soot, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing down on the soot could create stains.
- Clean hard surfaces with a cloth.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from walls and ceilings and use a vinegary spray to get rid of stains.
- Clean every item in your house that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Deodorize window coverings and carpets. We suggest that you use odor counteractants.
Our Fire Restoration Process
Does your house have smoke damage? Let the experts handle it. Paul Davis offers a variety of smoke removal services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Should Trust Paul Davis
Has your house had recent smoke damage? Turn to Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we’re done with our smoke restoration services. Our specialists are specialized in effective smoke repair cleaning services and using the proper equipment. We guarantee that you’ll receive quicker cleanup and lower smoke damage restoration costs. We want you to return to your normal life as soon as possible. Reach out the smoke damage restoration and smoke cleanup experts from Paul Davis at (517) 465-3096. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.