Is Water Damage Harmful?
When you’re so busy cleaning and taking care of your home, checking for water damage probably isn’t a priority. Unfortunately, it isn’t uncommon for water damages to seemingly appear out of nowhere. These are often discovered when it’s too late to reverse the damage. If this happens to you, it’s imperative to call the professionals immediately. Your local Paul Davis professionals will be able to assess and repair any water damage they find in your home. But there are precautionary actions that any homeowner can take to avoid expensive water damage repairs. All homeowners need to be aware of how to look for water damage in your home.
What Causes Water Damage
How does water damage occur? When a surplus of water accumulates in areas where it shouldn’t. The professionals from Paul Davis can come to your home to assess water damage as soon as possible. However, it’s important to know the signs of water damage. If you can avoid water damage, your home will last for a long time. Both outside elements and appliances from inside your home can cause water damage. Because water damage can be caused by so many elements, you must be on the lookout. If you suspect that your home is experiencing water damage, look for the following:
- Frozen or leaking water pipes or lines
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Overflowing washing machines or dishwashers
The Best Ways to Prevent Water Damage
If you’re worried about your home receiving water damages, there are a few preemptive actions that you can take. You can never be too cautious. Do the following to stop water damage from ruining your home:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Contact Paul Davis Today
Burst or leaking pipes can bring significant damages to your home. Call Paul! at (517) 465-3096 if you have significant water damages in your home. Your local Paul Davis experts will arrive to your home as soon as they can. With 50 years of water repairs under our belt, there’s no emergency too serious for Paul Davis to take care of.