The Dangers of Water Damage
Unless you’ve been trained on water damage, it can be very hard to detect. If you’re a homeowner looking for professionals that are experienced in water damage, rely on Paul Davis. We can tackle any amount of water damage at very reasonable rates. Does your property have unexpected water damage? Don’t hesitate to call Paul Davis immediately. But in order to find water damage before it increases, homeowners should be able to identify water damage. There are preemptive steps you can take to prevent water damage in your house. The most productive way to take care of water damage is to stop it from happening.
What Causes Water Damage
Chances are, there are a few appliances in your house that you need for day-to-day life. Unfortunately, a broken appliance can cause unforeseen issues in your everyday schedule. Any appliance, whether it’s a shower, dishwasher, sink or bathtub, any of these appliances can cause significant problems by leaking. In the case of an emergency, the professionals from Paul Davis can arrive on the scene to patch up any leaks and quickly repair water damage. Paul Davis can fix water damage from the following:
- Frozen or leaking water pipes or lines
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Overflowing washing machines or dishwashers
Preventing Water Damage
The best method of avoiding water damage is to take action. To avoid expensive repairs and possible homeowner’s insurance claims, productive prevention is key. To prevent water damage, try the following:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Paul Davis Can Tackle Any Water Damage
Your house can undergo significant damages from a burst or leaking pipe. Call Paul! at (517) 465-3096 if you have significant water damages in your home. Your local Paul Davis experts will arrive to your house as soon as they can. Because we have 50 years of experience under our belt, there’s no water damage too big for Paul Davis to handle.