How to Lookout for Water Leaks
Despite where your building is located, your building could receive severe water damage. Your building can sustain water damages through basement flooding, sewer backups or storm damage. Paul Davis understands the financial and emotional strain that water damages can take on you and your family. When you reach out to our professionals, they can decrease the amount of damage your building will undergo. We have a nationwide network of water damage restoration contractors that can inspect and fix the damage, no matter the amount of water damage.
The Causes of Water Damage
Every house has appliances that are needed for day to day life. But when they fail, they can cause major damage. Whether it’s your washing machine, dishwasher, toilet or sink, an appliance could flood and cause major issues. If you have an unexpected leak on your hands, don’t worry. The experienced water repair technicians from Paul Davis can repair any water damage issues. Paul Davis has experience making repairs from the following:
- Frozen or leaking water pipes or lines
- Overflowing sinks, bathtubs or toilets
- Backed up septic tank and sewage lines
- Washing machine or dishwasher overflow
- Heavy rainfall or storms
- Cresting rivers or streams
Water Damage Can Be Avoided
The best way to repair water damage is to avoid it altogether. In order to avoid pricey repairs and possible homeowner’s insurance claims, productive prevention is key. Here are a few tips on how you can prevent water damage:
- Check your appliances for leaks regularly.
- Don’t pour grease down your sink, because it significantly damage and block your pipes.
- Check that your water pressure isn’t too high, so it isn’t putting unwanted stress on your hoses or pipes.
- Know how to turn off your water main in case of an emergency. As soon as a pipe leaks or bursts, turn off your water main to stop irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unforeseen spikes in your water bill. It could point to a leak.
- To prevent damage to your siding or foundation, clean your gutters regularly.
When it comes to stopping water damage, it’s important to use your common sense. Check your house regularly. If you suspect that you may have a leak or other issue on your hands, don’t wait. If it’s only a minor leak, then try to fix it immediately. But if it’s bigger burst, call the experienced professionals from Paul Davis.
Our Water Damage Mitigation Services
When an emergency happens, don’t waste any time. Paul Davis franchises all have 24/7 emergency services, allowing them to fix any water damages as soon as possible. We offer a wide array of water remediation services, including the following:
- Water damage assessment
- Water extraction
- Drying affected areas
- Cleaning and restoring affected possessions
- Remediating mold and mildew damage
- Finding and repair the source the leak
- Reconstruction services and storm damage repair
- Helping with filing insurance claims
Paul Davis Has Effective Water Damage Mitigation Services
Your home can undergo serious damages from a burst or leaking pipe. Call Paul! at (517) 465-3096 if you’re in need of water damage mitigation services. When you call, we’ll get you in touch with an expert in your area. We have 50 years of water repairs under our belt, so you can depend on Paul Davis to handle whatever water emergency you throw our way.