How You Can Repair Fire Damage
We all know how destructive fire can be in a home. However, many people are unaware of the other detrimental elements of a fire. Your building materials and personal belongings can be overwhelmed by the smell of smoke, while walls can be stained by smoke soot. Fires can have disastrous effects on both to your house and your family.
At Paul Davis, we understand any damages to your precious possessions can be disheartening. That’s why as experts in soot and smoke damage, we’re ready to help restore your damaged possessions. Each Paul Davis franchise provides 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. Contact us immediately, so we’ll be able to reduce costly fire and smoke damage to your home.
Repairing Fire Damage
Your building can undergo serious smoke or soot damage without a major fire breaking out. If you don’t start cleaning immediately, closed fireplace flues and small-scale kitchen fires can cause discoloration and significant odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise smoke will seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- Turn off your AC so smoke won’t spread.
- To fan out smoke, put large fans by open doors and windows.
- Vacuum up soot and ash by holding the nozzle right above the soot- pressing down could create stains.
- Use a cloth to wipe down countertops and furniture.
- Wipe away soot from walls and ceilings with a dry sponge and get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean any household item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Deodorize window coverings and carpets. We suggest that you use odor counteractants.
Our Fire Restoration Process
Does your building have smoke damage? Let the professionals handle it. The professionals from Paul Davis offer a variety of soot repair services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Rely on Paul Davis
If your building has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to Paul Davis. After we we’re done with our restorations services, you’ll have your space back sooner rather than later. Our specialists are highly-trained in high-quality smoke repair cleaning services and using the proper equipment. We guarantee that you’ll receive quicker cleanup and lower smoke damage restoration expenses. We want you to return to your normal life as soon as possible. Call the smoke cleanup and fire remediation services professionals from Paul Davis at (517) 465-3096. We’ll help get you in touch with you with the franchise closest to you.