Interior Mold Detection and Inspection Services
For the most part, mold is everywhere and, whether you can see it or not, chances are your house has mold lurking out of eyesight. Mold is something that occurs naturally, but the type of mold that resides in your home or property is the real problem. Mold spores move through the air and enter buildings through any opening, such as doors, windows and HVAC systems. Spores can also be brought into a location on clothing, shoes, and pets. It is nearly impossible for you to prevent mold entering your house. It’s only when there is mold growing in your home that you have cause for concern. Having an expert to rely on that can tell you the type of mold present is imperative. Add to that an expert who will orchestrate the optimal way for treatment then execute the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential emergency restorative services for all types of disasters, including mold.
Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement Services
When you have Paul Davis inspect your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional with in depth experience in this area. The detection and identification of mold is the primary step in what can be an arduous process. When it comes to treating mold safely, the best option is to work with a company which specializes in all aspects pertaining to the process. Paul Davis provides mold removal and remediation services in addition to basic mold testing. Mold causes damage to your dwelling along with major health problems for your family. Unlike most allergens, mold does adversely affect the health of an individual regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold migrates through the surfaces it’s found in, this means that the longer it remains without treatment in your house, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can accurately identify the strains of mold growing in your home and effectively manage treating it.
Types of Mold
There are 3 basic types of mold:
- Allergenic: These produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health issues in individuals which suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds can produce toxic microorganisms.
With the variety of molds that can reside in properties, having an expert to diagnosis and inspect the extent of their spread is key to eradicating it. An expert with Paul Davis can assist with making your residence healthy and free from the most insidious molds.
Some common household molds are:
- Penicillium – A mold that most commonly thrives on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It will cause hay-fever like reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm weather mold that grows indoors and outdoors. Aspergillus can be discovered in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. It can also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is often located in textiles, dust, carpet, showers, soil and window frames. This is a large spore mold that deposits in the respiratory tract, mouth and nose.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the most commonly identified outdoor mold easily enters homes. It grows in damp, porous environments such as wood and textiles. Both the indoor and outdoor kinds trigger asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly horrible mold that produces airborne toxins at a high level, fortunately is a less common household mold. Stachybotrys requires excessive moisture to thrive, and causes breathing issues, flu-like symptoms, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of condensation such as humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. It is a powdery mold that thrives in an array of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is most often found growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It begins pink or light brown in color then deepens to dark brown-black the longer it’s around. This highly allergic responsive mold is responsible for causing skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – This mold can be located in homes after flooding or leaking and in chronically damp conditions. It has a cotton like texture, changes colors from white to grey or brown as it ages and has a musty odor. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system, causing skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium thrives in warm and cold environments and spreads quickly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It reacts strongly with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – This mold is most commonly located in a home’s soft goods and grows and spreads in cold temperatures. A reddish strain is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both kinds can move quickly through a home. Symptoms from this mold begin as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes then can progress to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture that is mostly white and green. It grows in moist and consistently damp locations like HVAC systems, textiles and wood. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is mostly located in kitchens and bathrooms and is one of the black molds. It contributes to respiratory illnesses and asthma.
Speak With Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
When you might suspect or know you have mold in your residence call the experts with Paul Davis. Our expert team will provide a detailed inspection as well as execute the remediation servicing necessary to remove damaging mold from your property. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.