How You Can Repair Fire Damage
Fire can cause some major damage to a building. However, many people are unaware of the other harmful elements of a fire. The smell of smoke can overtake your home and possessions and your walls can be stained by smoke soot. Fires can be damaging to both to your house and your family.
Damages to your precious possessions can be devastating. That’s why our specialists in smoke and soot are here to help you restore your damaged possessions. Every Paul Davis franchise provides 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we can reduce the cost of fire and smoke damages to your building.
How Can I Repair Fire Damage?
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your house. If you don’t act quickly, closed fireplace flues and smaller kitchen fires can cause discoloration and strong odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise smoke odor will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- Shut off your HVAC system so smoke won’t spread.
- Move large fans towards open doors and windows to suck out the smokey air.
- Vacuum up ash and soot by holding the nozzle right above the soot. Pressing down could create stains.
- Wipe down countertops and furniture with a cloth.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge. Meanwhile, get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean every item that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize window coverings and carpets.
The Fire Restoration Process
Does your house have smoke damage? Let the experts take care of it. At Paul Davis, we offer all-encompassing soot repair services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
If your house has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to the experts from Paul Davis. Our smoke repair services will get your house back to normal sooner rather than later. Our specialists are highly-trained in high-quality using the proper equipment for our smoke remediation cleaning services, meaning faster cleanup and lower smoke damage repair expenses. We want you to return to your normal life immediately. Reach out the smoke cleanup and fire repair services experts from Paul Davis at (517) 465-3096. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.