Indoor Mold Detection and Inspection Services
For the most part, mold is everywhere so, whether you can spot it or not, chances are your home has mold lurking just under the surface. Mold is a part of nature, but the type of mold that resides in your home or property is the real problem. Mold spores travel through the air, entering buildings through any opening, such as doors, windows and HVAC systems. Spores can also be brought into a location on shoes, clothing and animals. It can be virtually impossible for you to eliminate mold encountering your house. It’s only as there is mold growing in your home that you have cause for concern. Having an expert to rely on that can tell you the type of mold present is invaluable. Add to that an expert that can develop the optimal way for treatment then execute the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential abatement services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement Services
When Paul Davis performs an investigation on your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional with in depth knowledge in this field. Detecting and identifying mold is the first step in what can be a long procedure. When it comes to the treatment of mold safely, your prime option is working with a company who specializes in all aspects relating to the process. We offer mold remediation and removal services as well basic mold testing. Mold can cause damage to your property on top of major health issues for your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, will negatively affect the health of any person whether they have allergies or not. Mold advances through the surfaces it resides in, this means the longer it goes without treatment in your house, the worse its effects are. The professionals at Paul Davis can accurately identify the strains of mold growing in your property and effectively deal with treating it.
Kinds of Mold
There are 3 general species of mold:
- Allergenic: Which produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health issues in individuals who suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds produce toxic microorganisms.
With the range of molds that can be found in homes, having an expert to diagnosis and inspect the extent of their spread is key to removing it. An expert with Paul Davis will aid with helping make your home healthy and safe from the most insidious molds.
A few common molds are:
- Penicillium – A mold that most commonly thrives on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It causes hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm climate mold that grows outdoors and indoors. It can be found in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. Aspergillus is also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is commonly found in soil, showers, window frames, carpets and textiles. This large spore mold takes traction in the mouth, nose and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – This is the highest commonly identified outdoor mold easily enters homes. It spreads in porous, overtly moist locations like wood and textiles. Both the indoor and outdoor kinds trigger asthma attacks as well as induces hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly insidious mold that produces airborne toxins at a high level, luckily is the least common household mold. It requires excessive damp to thrive, and causes breathing issues, flu-like symptoms, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of condensation like humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. It’s a powdery mold that grows in an array of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – This mold is most often found growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It begins pink or light brown in color then deepens to dark brown-black the older it is. This highly responsive allergic mold causes skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – This mold can be located in houses after flooding or leaking and in chronically moist conditions. It has a dank odor, cotton like texture and changes colors from white to brown or grey over time. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system, causing skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold grows in cold and warm environments and migrates quickly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It has a strong reaction with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of growing and spreading in colder temperatures, Fusarium is coral or pink in color and is most commonly found in soft goods. A reddish strain is found in organic products like house plants, and both kinds can move quickly through a home. Symptoms begin as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes and progresses to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture that is mostly green and white. It does well in moist and consistently damp locations like HVAC systems, textiles and wood. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is mostly found in bathrooms and kitchens. It is one of the black molds that contributes to respiratory ailments and asthma.
Reach Out to Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
When you might suspect or know there is mold in your house call the team with Paul Davis. Our expert team will provide a detailed inspection as well as execute the remediation servicing necessary to remove insidious mold from your home. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.