Avoiding Water Damage
Every building can experience water damages. Your home can receive water damages through basement flooding, sewer backups and heavy rainfall. At Paul Davis, we understand the financial and emotional toll that water damages can take on you and your family. When you reach out to our water damage technicians, they’ll be able to decrease the amount of damage your building will sustain. Our nationwide network of water damage restoration contractors will address, assess and fix the damage.
How Houses Sustain Water Damage
We all have home appliances that we need. But a malfunctioning appliance can often bring more damage than good. Any home appliance that uses water could flood and cause major problems. When an emergency strikes, the water damage remediation technicians from Paul Davis will arrive as soon as possible to fix any leaks and repair water damage efficiently. We can repair water damage from the following:
- Leaking or frozen water pipes or lines
- Bathtubs, sinks or toilets that have overflowed
- Backed up septic tank and sewage lines
- Dishwasher or washing machine overflow
- Heavy rain or storms
- Rivers or streams that have crested
How Can I Avoid Water Damage?
The best way to repair water damage is to avoid it altogether. In order to avoid high-priced repairs and possible homeowner’s insurance claims, productive prevention is key. Consider the following to avoid water damage:
- Frequently check your appliances for leaks.
- Never pour grease down your kitchen sink, because it significantly damage and block your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- In case of an emergency, know how to turn off your water main. As soon as a pipe leaks or bursts, shut off your water main to stop any further damage.
- Check your water bill for any unexpected spikes in your usage. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Cleanout your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
When it comes to preventing water damage, it’s important to be smart and regularly check your house and appliances. Is there a leak or another issue in your home? Don’t wait. If it’s just a small leak, then try to fix it immediately. But if it’s bigger pipe burst, call the experienced professionals from Paul Davis.
Paul Davis’s Water Damage Repair Services
You shouldn’t waste any time when an emergency happens. Paul Davis franchises all have 24/7 emergency services, allowing them to fix any water damages as soon as they can. Here are the water damage services that we offer:
- Water damage assessment
- Extracting water
- Drying affected areas
- Cleaning and restoring damaged possessions
- Mold and mildew damage remediation
- Locating and repair the source the leak
- Reconstruction services and storm damage repair
- Assisting with filing insurance claims
Use Our Water Damage Mitigation Services Today
Water damages can cause some major problems for your home. If you need water damage mitigation call Paul! at (517) 465-3096. When you call, we’ll connect you with an expert in your area. We have 50 years of water repairs under our belt, so you can rely on Paul Davis to take care of any water emergency you throw our way.