How Can I Clean Up Fire Damage?
Fire can be very destructive to a house. However, there are many elements of fire, such as smoke and soot, that can be just as harmful. Your home and possessions can be overwhelmed by smoke odor, while your walls can be damaged by smoke soot. Fires can damage both to your home and your family.
When your precious possessions are damaged, it can be devastating. Paul Davis understands. That’s why as fire restoration experts, we’re ready to help you restore your damaged possessions. At Paul Davis, each of our franchises provides 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. Contact us immediately. We’ll be able to reduce costly fire and smoke damages to your building.
Fire Damage Can Be Repaired
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your building. If you don’t act quickly, closed fireplace flues and smaller kitchen fires can cause discoloration and strong odors. Unless you address the problem immediately, smoke odor will seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, turn off your air conditioning.
- To push out smokey air, move large fans towards open doors and windows.
- Vacuum up soot and ash by holding the nozzle right above the soot- pressing down could create unwanted stains.
- Clean countertops and furniture with a cloth.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from ceilings and walls and get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean any item in your home that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize carpets and window coverings.
The Fire Restoration Process
If your building has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts take care of it. Paul Davis offers all-encompassing soot removal services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Should Trust Paul Davis
Has your building recently undergone fire damage? Turn to the experts from Paul Davis. Our fire remediation services will get your building back to normal sooner rather than later. Our specialists are specialized in high-quality using the proper equipment for our smoke remediation cleaning services. We guarantee that you’ll receive quicker cleanup and cheaper smoke damage removal costs. We want you to return to your everyday schedule as soon as possible. Reach out the smoke damage restoration and smoke cleanup professionals from Paul Davis at (517) 465-3096. We’ll help get you in touch with you with the franchise closest to you.