Indoor Mold Inspection and Removal Services
Whether you can spot it or not, there is a good chance mold is on your property. Mold is a part of nature, although the kind of mold that resides in your house or property is the real issue. Mold spores move through the air, entering structures through openings like windows, doors and HVAC systems. They can also be brought into a building on clothing, shoes, and pets. It is nearly impossible for you to prevent mold infiltrating your residence. It’s only as there is mold growing in your house that you have cause for worry. Having an expert to turn to who will tell you the species of mold present is worth the expense. Add to that an expert who will orchestrate the optimal way to treat it and execute the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential restoration services for all kinds of disasters, including mold.
Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement Services
With a Paul Davis inspection on your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional that is experienced in this field. The detection and identification of mold is step one in what can be a long process. When it comes to dealing with mold safely, it is best working with a company who specializes in all aspects pertaining to the process. We provide mold remediation and removal services partnered with basic mold inspections. Mold causes damage to your dwelling and major health concerns to your family. Unlike most allergens, mold will adversely affect the health of any person whether they have allergies or not. Mold spreads through any surface it resides in, this means that the longer it remains untreated in your residence, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can correctly identify the species of mold growing in your residence and effectively deal with treating it.
Kinds of Mold
There are 3 general strains of mold:
- Allergenic: These cause and produce allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health issues in individuals who suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that produces toxic substances.
With the multitude of molds that can reside in any given home, having an expert to inspect and diagnosis the extent of their spread is crucial to eradicating it. An expert with Paul Davis can assist in making your house free and safe from the most damaging molds.
A few common household molds are:
- Penicillium – A mold that most commonly grows on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium causes hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm environment mold which grows both outdoors and indoors. Aspergillus can be discovered in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. It is also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is commonly found in carpet, textiles, dust, window frames, showers and soil. This large spore mold takes traction in the respiratory tract, mouth and nose.
- Cladosporium – This is the most commonly identified outdoor fungus which enters homes. It spreads in overtly moist, porous surfaces such as wood and textiles. The indoor and outdoor strains trigger asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being the least common household mold is fortunate, as it is among the more horrible. It needs excessive damp to grow, and causes breathing issues, symptoms reminiscent of the flu, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of condensation such as humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. This is a powdery mold that thrives in an array of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – This mold is most often found growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It starts out pink or light brown in color then deepens to dark brown-black as it ages. This highly responsive allergic mold induces eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium is found in houses after flooding or leaking and in chronically moist conditions. It has a cotton like texture, changes colors from white to grey or brown over time and has a musty odor. Chaetomium is known to produce mycotoxins which affect the immune system and cause nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium thrives in both warm and cold environments and spreads rapidly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It reacts strongly with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Fusarium is most commonly found in a home’s soft goods and grows and spreads in cold weather. A reddish strain is found in organic products like house plants, and both kinds can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms begin as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes and progresses to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture and is mostly white and green. It grows in consistently damp and moist locations like HVAC systems, fabric and wood. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is almost always found in bathrooms and kitchens. It is one of the black molds and contributes to respiratory ailments and asthma.
Talk to Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
When you may know or suspect there is mold in your residence call the professionals with Paul Davis. Our expert team will provide a detailed inspection and execute the remediation services required to eradicate dangerous mold from your property. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.