How Can I Clean Up Smoke Damage?
Fire can be extremely damaging to a home. However, there are many elements of fire, including smoke and soot, that are just as detrimental. Your building materials and personal belongings can be overtaken by smoke odor and smoke soot can seriously stain walls. Fires can be damaging to both to your home and your family.
Damages to your cherished possessions can be devastating. That’s why as fire repair technicians, we’re ready to help you restore your damaged possessions. At Paul Davis, every one of our franchises offers 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we can reduce costly fire and smoke damages to your home.
Smoke Damage Can Be Repaired
Your home can receive serious soot damage without a major fire. If you don’t start cleaning immediately, closed fireplace flues and small-scale kitchen fires can cause discoloration and strong odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise smoke odor will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- Shut off your HVAC system to stop smoke from spreading.
- To push out smoke, put large fans by open doors and windows.
- When vacuuming ash and soot, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing your vacuum down on the soot could cause stains.
- Use a cloth to wipe down hard surfaces.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge. Meanwhile, get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean any item that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Deodorize window coverings and carpets. We suggest that you use odor counteractants.
Does your home have smoke damage? Let the professionals handle it. Paul Davis offers all-encompassing smoke removal services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
If your home has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to Paul Davis. You‘ll finally get your home back after we’re done with our smoke repair services. Our professionals are specialized in high-quality smoke remediation cleaning methods and using the proper equipment, meaning faster cleanup and lower smoke damage removal expenses. Our goal is to have you return to your normal life as soon as possible. Call the smoke cleanup and smoke damage restoration technicians from Paul Davis at (517) 465-3096. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.