Interior Mold Inspection and Removal Services
Mold can be found everywhere and, whether you can identify it or not, chances are your property has mold lurking out of eyesight. Mold is something that occurs naturally, although the type of mold that has spread in your house or business is the real problem. Mold spores move through the air and enter structures through any opening, such as doors, windows and HVAC systems. Spores can also enter a residence on clothing, shoes, and pets. It is nearly impossible for you to stop mold entering your house. You need to be concerned as mold is growing in your home. Having an expert to consult with that can tell you the species of mold present is priceless. Pair that with an expert who will orchestrate the optimal way to treat it and execute the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential restoration services for all sorts of disasters, including mold.
Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement Services
When you have Paul Davis inspect your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional that is experienced in this area. The detection and identification of mold is the primary step in what can be an arduous project. When it comes to treating mold safely, it is best working with a company who specializes in all aspects of the process. Paul Davis provides mold removal and remediation services along with basic mold testing. Mold will cause damage to your property as well as major health problems for your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, does negatively affect the health of any person whether they have allergies or not. Mold spreads through the surfaces it lives in, this means the longer it goes untreated in your house, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can accurately identify the kinds of mold growing in your house and effectively manage treating it.
Families of Mold
There are 3 basic strains of mold:
- Allergenic: Which cause and produce allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health issues in individuals who suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that can produce toxic microorganisms.
With the variety of molds that can be found in properties, having an expert to diagnosis and investigate the extent of their spread is key to eradicating it. A professional with Paul Davis can aid with making your residence healthy and free from the most dangerous molds.
Some common household molds are:
- Penicillium – A mold that most commonly thrives on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It causes hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm weather mold which thrives indoors and outdoors. Aspergillus can be located in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. It is also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is often found in textiles, dust, carpet, showers, soil and window frames. This large spore mold deposits in soft tissue, like the nose, mouth and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – This is the highest commonly identified outdoor fungus which enters homes. It grows in damp, porous environments such as wood and textiles. Both the indoor and outdoor strains bring about asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly horrible mold that produces high levels of airborne toxins, luckily is a less common household mold. Stachybotrys requires excessive damp to grow, and causes breathing issues, flu-like symptoms, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of condensation such as cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. Acremonium is a powdery mold that grows in an array of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – This mold is most often found growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It starts out pink or light brown in color but darkens to dark brown-black the older it is. This highly allergic responsive mold causes skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium is found in residences after flooding or leaking and in chronically moist conditions. It has a musty odor, cotton like texture and changes colors from white to grey or brown over time. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins which affect the immune system and cause nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium grows in warm and cold environments and migrates quickly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It reacts strongly with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of thriving and spreading in cold weather, this mold is coral or pink colored and is most commonly found in a home’s soft goods. A reddish strain is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both kinds can move quickly through a home. Symptoms start out as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections then progresses to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture and is mostly white and green. It does well in consistently damp and moist areas like HVAC systems, wood and textiles. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is mostly found in bathrooms and kitchens and is one of the black molds. It contributes to asthma and respiratory illnesses.
Call Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
If you suspect or know you have mold in your residence call the team with Paul Davis. Our dedicated team will provide a detailed inspection and perform the remediation services necessary to remove dangerous mold from your home. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.