Indoor Mold Detection and Inspection Services
Mold is pretty much everywhere so, whether you can spot it or not, chances are your home has mold lurking just under the surface. Mold is a part of nature, however the species of mold that grows in your home or business is the real problem. Mold spores migrate through the air, entering structures through openings like doors, windows and HVAC systems. Spores can also be brought into a building on shoes, clothing and animals. It can be basically impossible for you to stop mold encountering your house. You need to take action as mold is growing in your home. Having an expert to turn to who will advise on the type of mold present is invaluable. Add to that an expert that can develop the optimal way to treat it and carry out the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial restoration services for all types of disasters, including mold.
Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement Services
When you have Paul Davis inspect your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional that is experienced in this area. Detecting and identifying mold is the initial step in what can be an arduous project. When it comes to taking care of mold safely, it is best working with a company which specializes in all aspects of the process. Paul Davis offers mold remediation and removal services along with basic mold testing. Mold can cause damage to your residence along with major health problems to your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, can adversely affect the health of any person whether they have allergies or not. Mold migrates through the surfaces it’s found in, this means that the longer it remains without treatment in your house, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can accurately identify the kinds of mold growing in your residence and effectively deal with treating it.
Kinds of Mold
There are 3 general species of mold:
- Allergenic: Which produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health problems in individuals which suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that produce toxic substances.
With the abundance of molds that can reside in homes, having an expert to inspect and diagnosis the extent of their spread is key to removing it. A professional with Paul Davis can aid with helping make your residence free and safe from the most dangerous molds.
A few common household molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly thrives on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium causes hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm climate mold which thrives indoors and outdoors. It can be located in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. Aspergillus is also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is commonly found in textiles, dust, carpet, showers, soil and window frames. This is a large spore mold that takes traction in the mouth, nose and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – This is the highest commonly identified outdoor fungi which enters homes. It thrives in porous, overtly moist locations such as textile and wood. The indoor and outdoor variety trigger asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being the least rampant household mold is fortunate, as it is among the more terrible. It requires excessive damp to thrive, and causes breathing problems, symptoms reminiscent of the flu, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of condensation such as humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. This is a powdery mold that thrives in an array of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is often found growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It begins pink or light brown in color then deepens to dark brown-black as it ages. This highly allergic responsive mold induces eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – This mold can be located in residences after flooding or leaking and in chronically damp conditions. It has a musty odor, cottony texture and changes colors from white to brown or grey as it ages. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins which affect the immune system and cause skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold thrives in warm and cold environments and migrates quickly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It reacts strongly with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of growing and migrating in cold temperatures, this mold is coral or pink colored and is commonly found in a home’s soft goods. A reddish strain is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both kinds can move quickly through a home. Symptoms from this mold begin as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections and can progress to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture that is mostly green and white. It grows in consistently damp and moist areas like HVAC systems, wood and fabric. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is mostly found in bathrooms and kitchens and is one of the black molds. It contributes to asthma and respiratory ailments.
Reach Out to Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
When you may suspect or know you have mold in your residence call the team with Paul Davis. Our professional team will provide a detailed inspection and perform the remediation services necessary to eradicate damaging mold from your residence. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.