Interior Mold Detection and Inspection Services
Whether you can spot it or not, there is a good chance mold is on your property. Mold is a part of nature, however the species of mold that has spread in your house or property can determine the extent of the problem. Mold spores migrate through the air, entering structures through any opening, such as windows, doors and HVAC systems. Spores can also be brought into a building on clothing, shoes, and pets. It can be basically impossible for you to eliminate mold entering your home. You need to take action as mold begins growing in your home. Having an expert to speak with that can tell you the type of mold present is priceless. Pair that with an expert that can develop the best way to treat it then carry out the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial restoration services for all kinds of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement
When you have Paul Davis inspect your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional with in depth experience in this area. Detecting and identifying mold is step one in what can be an arduous procedure. When it comes to treating mold safely, it is best to work with a company that specializes in all aspects relating to the process. We offer mold remediation and removal services as well basic mold inspections. Mold causes damage to your dwelling on top of major health concerns to your family. Unlike most allergens, mold will adversely affect the health of any person whether they have allergies or not. Mold spreads through the surfaces it resides in, this means that the longer it remains without treatment in your home, the worse its effects are. The professionals with Paul Davis can accurately identify the strains of mold growing in your residence and effectively handle treating it.
Kinds of Mold
There are 3 basic families of mold:
- Allergenic: Which cause and produce allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health problems in people that suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds can produce toxic substances.
With the multitude of molds that can reside in any given residence, having an expert to inspect and diagnosis the extent of their spread is crucial to removing it. A professional with Paul Davis will aid in getting your residence healthy and free from the most dangerous molds.
A few common household molds are:
- Penicillium – A mold that most commonly grows on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It will cause hay-fever like reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm climate mold which thrives outdoors and indoors. It can be located in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. It can also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is commonly found in carpet, textiles, dust, window frames, showers and soil. This is a large spore mold that deposits in soft tissue, like the nose, mouth and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the highest commonly identified outdoor mold which enters homes. It grows in porous, damp surfaces such as wood and textiles. The indoor and outdoor kinds trigger asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly insidious mold that produces airborne toxins at a high level, luckily is the least common household mold. Stachybotrys requires excessive moisture to grow, and causes breathing problems, symptoms reminiscent of the flu, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of condensation such as humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. It’s a powdery mold that grows in an array of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is most often discovered growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It starts out light brown or pink in color then darkens to dark brown-black as it ages. This highly responsive allergic mold is responsible for causing eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium is found in residences after a flood or leaking and in chronically wet conditions. It has a dank odor, cottony texture and changes colors from white to brown or grey as it ages. Chaetomium is known to produce mycotoxins which affect the immune system and cause skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold grows in cold and warm areas and moves rapidly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It has an adverse reaction with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of thriving and migrating in cold temperatures, this mold is pink or coral in color and is most commonly found in soft goods. A reddish variety is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both kinds can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms begin as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections and progresses to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture that is mostly white and green. It grows in moist and consistently damp locations like HVAC systems, wood and fabric. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is mostly found in bathrooms and kitchens and is one of the black molds. It contributes to asthma and respiratory ailments.
Call Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
When you may suspect or know there is mold in your house call the team with Paul Davis. Our professional team will provide a detailed inspection and execute the remediation servicing necessary to remove damaging mold from your residence. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.