Interior Mold Inspection and Removal Services
Whether you can spot it or not, chances are there is mold in your residence. Mold is a part of nature, although the strain of mold that grows in your home or property is the real problem. Mold spores travel through the air and enter buildings through openings like windows, doors and HVAC systems. Spores can also enter a location on clothing, shoes, and pets. It can be nearly impossible for you to eliminate mold infiltrating your residence. It’s only as the mold is growing in your home that you have cause for concern. Having an expert to turn to that can advise on the species of mold present is priceless. Pair that with an expert that can develop the optimal way to treat it then perform the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential restoration services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement Services
With a Paul Davis inspection on your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional that is experienced in this field. Detecting and identifying mold is the primary step in what can be an arduous project. When it comes to taking care of mold safely, the best choice is to work with a company that specializes in all aspects pertaining to the process. We offer mold remediation and removal services partnered with basic mold inspections. Mold causes damage to your dwelling and major health concerns for your family. Unlike most allergens, mold will adversely affect the health of any person whether they have allergies or not. Mold advances through the environment it grows in, meaning that the longer it remains without treatment in your residence, the worse its effects are. The experts at Paul Davis can accurately identify the types of mold growing in your home and effectively manage treating it.
Properties of Mold
There are 3 general strains of mold:
- Allergenic: These cause and produce allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health issues in people that suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that produce toxic substances.
With the range of molds that can reside in structures, having an expert to inspect and diagnosis the extent of their spread is key to eradicating it. An expert with Paul Davis can aid with getting your residence healthy and safe from the most dangerous molds.
Some common molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly feeds on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium causes hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm environment mold which grows both indoors and outdoors. It can be found in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. Aspergillus can also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is commonly located in soil, showers, window frames, carpets and textiles. This large spore mold takes traction in the respiratory tract, mouth and nose.
- Cladosporium – This is the most commonly identified outdoor fungus easily enters homes. It spreads in overtly moist, porous surfaces like textile and wood. Both the indoor and outdoor variety cause asthma attacks and induces hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly horrible mold that produces high levels of airborne toxins, luckily is a less common household mold. It needs excessive moisture to thrive, and causes breathing issues, symptoms reminiscent of the flu, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of condensation like cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. It’s a powdery mold that grows in an array of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is most often found growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It starts out light brown or pink in color but darkens to dark brown-black as it ages. This is a highly allergic responsive mold, responsible for eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium is found in residences after flooding or leaking and in chronically damp conditions. It has a cotton like texture, changes colors from white to brown or grey as it ages and carries a dank odor. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins which affect the immune system and cause nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold grows in both warm and cold environments and spreads quickly on upholstery, fabrics, carpets and under floorboards. It reacts strongly with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of thriving and spreading in cold weather, Fusarium is coral or pink in color and is most commonly located in a home’s soft goods. A reddish variety is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both kinds can move quickly through a home. Symptoms from this mold begin as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections then can progress to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture that is mostly green and white. It thrives in consistently damp and moist areas like HVAC systems, upholstery and wood. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is mostly located in bathrooms and kitchens and is one of the black molds. It contributes to respiratory ailments and asthma.
Talk to Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
When you might know or suspect you have mold in your house call the team with Paul Davis. Our professional team will provide a detailed inspection and perform the remediation services required to eradicate insidious mold from your residence. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.