How to Prevent Water Damage
No business or home is immune to water damages, no matter where you may live. Your home can receive water damages through basement flooding, sewer backups and storm damage. The professionals from Paul Davis understand the financial and emotional toll that water damages can take on you and your family. When you call our professionals, they’ll be able to reduce the amount of damage your home will undergo. Our nationwide network of water damage restoration contractors can examine and fix the problem, no matter the amount of water damage.
How Can My Home Sustain Water Damage?
Every house has appliances that are needed for everday life. But if they malfunction, they can often cause more harm than good. Whether it’s your washing machine, dishwasher, toilet or sink, there are many appliances that could cause major problems by flooding. If you have an unexpected leak on your hands, don’t worry. Our experienced water repair technicians can repair any water damage issues. Here’s a few causes of water damage:
- Leaking or frozen water lines or pipes
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Sewage and septic tank lines that have backed up
- Dishwasher or washing machine overflow
- Heavy storms or rain
- Rivers or streams that have crested
Water Damage Can Be Prevented
What’s the best way to avoid water damamge repairs? Avoiding water damage altogether. If you want to avoid expensive repairs and possible homeonwer’s insurance claims, productive prevention is key. Consider the following to avoid water damage:
- If you find any leaks, examine them thoroughly and fix them immediately.
- Don’t pour grease down your sink. This can cause significant damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted pressure on your hoses or pipes.
- When an emergency happens, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to shut off your water main immediately to stop permanent damage.
- Check your water bill for any unforeseen spikes in your usage. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Cleanout your gutters regularly to avoid blockage.
When it comes to stopping water damage, it’s important to be smartCheck your home regularly. Is there a leak or another issue in your home? Don’t wait. If it’s a minor leak, then address it yourself immediately. But if it’s bigger leak or burst, call the effecient professionals from Paul Davis.
The Water Restoration Services We Offer
When the worst happens, don’t waste any time. All of our frachises have 24/7 emergency services. This allows them to fix any water damages as soon as they can. We offer a vast array of water remediation services, including the following:
- Water damage assessment
- Water extraction
- Drying affected areas
- Cleaning and restoring possessions
- Mold and mildew damage remediation
- Locating and repair the source the leak
- Reconstruction services and storm damage repair
- Helping with filling insurance claims
Call Paul Davis Today
Water damages can cause some major problems for your home. Call Paul! at 888-473-7769 if you need water damage mitigation services. When you call, we’ll get you in touch with an expert in your area. With 50 years of water repairs under our belt, Paul Davis knows how to handle whatever water emergency you have for us.