How Can I Repair Smoke Damage?
Fire can cause serious damage to a house. However, there are many elements of fire, including soot and smoke, that can be just as detrimental. Smoke odor can overtake your home and possessions and soot can seriously stain walls. A fire can have devastating and extreme effects both to your home and your family.
The technicians from Paul Davis understand that your cherished possessions and memories are at stake. That’s why as fire repair technicians, we’re ready to help you restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, every Paul David franchise provides 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. The sooner you contact us, the better- we’ll be able to lessen the cost of fire and smoke damages to your home.
Smoke Damage Can Be Repaired
Your building can receive serious soot damage without a major fire. Smaller kitchen flare ups and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and significant odors if you don’t start cleaning immediately. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise smoke will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, shut off your HVAC system.
- To suck out smokey air, put large fans by open doors and windows.
- When vacuuming ash and soot, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing your vacuum down on the soot could cause stains.
- Use a cloth to clean countertops and furniture.
- Wipe away soot from walls and ceilings with a dry sponge and use a vinegary spray to wipe away stains.
- Clean every item in your home that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Deodorize carpets and window coverings. We suggest that you use odor counteractants.
The Fire Restoration Process from Paul Davis
Does your building have smoke damage? Let the professionals handle it. At Paul Davis, we offer all-encompassing smoke removal services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Can Trust Paul Davis
Has your building recently undergone fire damage? Turn to Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we finish our fire repair services. Our experts are highly-trained in effective smoke remediation cleaning services and using the proper equipment. We guarantee that you’ll receive quicker cleanup and cheaper smoke damage restoration costs. Our goal is to have you return to your normal life as soon as possible. Call the fire damage restoration and smoke cleanup technicians from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.