Fire Damage Contractors
Fire can be extremely destructive to a home. However, there are many elements of fire, including smoke and soot, that are just as detrimental. The smell of smoke can overwhelm your home and possessions, while your walls can be stained by smoke soot. A fire can have deep-rooted, catastrophic both to your family and your house.
At Paul Davis, we understand any damages to your cherished possessions can be disheartening. That’s why as fire restoration specialists, we’re here to help you restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, every Paul David franchise provides 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. The sooner you contact us, the better- we’ll be able to reduce the cost of fire and smoke damages to your house.
How to Repair Fire Damage
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your home. Closed fireplace flues and small-scale kitchen flare ups can cause discoloration and strong odors if you don’t start cleaning immediately. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise smoke odor will seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- Shut off your air conditioning to stop spreading smoke.
- To push out smoke, move large fans towards open windows and doors.
- When vacuuming soot and ash, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing down on the soot could cause stains.
- Use a cloth to wipe down countertops and furniture.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from walls and ceilings. Meanwhile, get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean any household item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize carpets and window coverings.
Does your home have smoke damage? Let the experts handle it. The experts from Paul Davis a variety of smoke removal services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Should Trust Paul Davis
If your home has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to the specialists from Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we finish our smoke remediation services. Our specialists are specialized in high-quality using the proper equipment for our smoke remediation cleaning methods. We guarantee that you’ll receive quicker cleanup and cheaper smoke damage repair expenses. We want you to return to your normal life immediately. Call the fire damage restoration and smoke cleanup professionals from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. We’ll help connect you with the franchise closest to you.